More Than A Day Care
Welcome to The Learning Center at Third Street Alliance, an accredited child care center in Easton, Pa! The Learning Center provides early childhood education for children from 6 weeks old up to age 13 in a creative and educational environment.
Childcare classrooms offer an individualized curriculum based on your child’s needs and interests, allowing all children to learn at their own pace in small groups. All classrooms allow your child to explore and learn literacy, science, math, art, computers, dramatic play, and other skills with hands-on activities.
Learn more about each of our programs to find the best option for your child.
Learn More About Our Programs
- Early literacy in every classroom
- Toilet training in the Toddler classroom
- Computer interaction and starting at age 3
- Kindergarten-Readiness visit local schools during the spring before entering Kindergarten
- Children have daily access to our indoor gymnasium and outdoor play yard.
- All students are provided healthy food for breakfast, lunch and snack based on the USDA guidelines, prepared on-site by a licensed cook and provided at no extra cost, including infant formula (Gerber Goodstart) and baby food.
- Homework assistance provided by classroom teachers and Lafayette students.
- Transportation arranged with our agency vans to Cheston and Paxinosa Elementary Schools.
- Bus stop within walking distance for March Elementary students.
- Programs offered by Shanthi Project, Da Vinci Center, and others through the year.
- Access to S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) Lab
- Summer Day Program offered Monday-Friday from June to August.
- Are age 3 and younger than the entry age for kindergarten;
- live in a family earning up to 300% of poverty such as a family of four earning $77,250; and
- may also have a language barrier (English is not your first language), a disability or developmental delay, or other issues that make them at risk for failing in school.
For more information on NAEYC and the PA Office of Child Development and Early Learning, and what it means for your child, go to their websites.
Unique to The Learning Center:
-The Learning Center is equipped with a S.T.E.A.M Lab, allowing students to explore science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. Unveiled in April 2016, the lab is part of the curriculum in the Learning Center.
It’s made up of 7 computers, 4 digital cameras, 2 Kinder Robots, 4 Lego Mindstorms (robots), a 3-D printer, Smart Television, Digital microscope and slides, Midi keyboard, microphone, and printer.
There are several forms that must be completed before enrollment for the safety and security of all the children at The Learning Center and many of these forms will need to be updated every 6 months. Our tuition rates and family handbook are available upon request.
Scholarships may be available to families who qualify for assistance. If you need help to bridge the gap, please inquire about financial aid. Early learning scholarships are made possible through the generosity of private donations and foundations and corporate support.
Families can also get assistance by applying for subsidized child care at https://elrc-csc.org/region-14/child-care-works/
The staff at The Learning Center is selected for their warm hearts and nurturing attitudes. Each staff member has undergone a thorough background check and has at least two years of experience working with children. Several staff members hold degrees or Child Development Credential (CDA) certificates and all staff is required to complete at least 24 hours of professional development every year.