Reporting To: Center Director
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Lead Toddler Teacher is responsible for, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day activities of our toddler classroom. Strong understanding of children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. Must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
Salary: Starting at a minimum of $15.25 per hour
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Certification (Required)
- Assist in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate classroom curriculum and in all aspects of the daily management of the program, including compliance with the safety and health standards established by the government.
- Foster each child’s self-confidence, learning, and growth. Nurture and encourage children through positive communication.
- Maintain health compliance in accordance with licensing standards and employee policies, including ability to interact fully with all students, lifting, holding, and attending to them as needed at all times.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standard and safety and security of children.
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of classroom materials, classroom environment, and common areas, such as a bathroom.
- Meal preparation and clean up.
- Associate Degree (Preferred)
- Childcare: 2 years (Required)
- Must clear full background check
- Must pass health screening
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lb. weight.
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Must be able to move around a classroom for gross motor exercise with the children and to monitor the safety of all students in the classroom, standing for long periods throughout the day.
This description contains information and facts considered necessary to accurately reflect the duties of this position. It should not be considered and exhaustive description of all the work requirements to be performed, but indicates the kinds of duties and levels of responsibility required by the position. The Executive Director and his/her designee will have the prerogative of adding or deleting responsibilities as circumstances may require.